Sunday, November 8, 2009

What will he do with his free time?

He has one more game as a Freshman Football player for Franklin High. He said to me the other day, "Mom... I only have 3 more seasons of football!" And then for good measure, he repeated himself... to make sure the weight of what he said was heard. I acknowledged what he said, and then told him he could maybe play in college... like his Uncle Marc. He reminded me that he was only 5'8''. I reminded him that he was only 14... and just a year ago was a good 4 inches shorter than he is now. With only one more game looming next Thursday he said... "What will I do with my free time? I don't like the sound of that!" I am so proud of him. He has had a GREAT season... he played 1st string Offensive Tackle and 1st string Defensive End... he even played Nose guard for a couple games... and did an awesome job! He had quite a few amazing tackles and sacks! I still am amazed that this 14 year old boy is my son!

Heading off the field at half time talking plays over with Coach Fong.
Celebrating a great victory against Elk Grove!

Protecting the Quarterback #15 against the Sheldon Huskies.


Bringing down an Elk Grove offensive player!


He has his "Angry eyes" in!














1 comment:

Rogers Roundup said...

Great post! I wish I could have gone to more of his games. Those angry eye pictures are really good. We are so glad that he has had a good season.