Saturday, October 3, 2009

She cried because she didn't get to play

My daughter cried today at the paintball field. She cried because she was too young to play with the boys! She begged her father to let her play! She asked me 100 times throughout the day as we sat and watched the boys. When a game was over and they needed to clean up the reballs... she was the first one in to clean them up. Then upon completing her task she would look at me and ask, "Please... can I play this round?"

Seriously.... I never thought my daughter would want to shoot people or be shot at, for that matter! A week back, her dad let her shoot at him, with the reballs, as he tried to dodge her shots on the trampolines. She tagged him at least a half - dozen times. I think this experience is what had her so excited to play. However, she has NEVER had anyone shoot at her. The boys were proud of the small welts, where some of the shots had found their mark, a little too well... this didn't even phase her.

So... when she finally gets the chance to play, I wonder if she will cry again... but this time because she finally got to play... and she realizes that it sometimes hurts to play!











5 comments:

EvansFamily said...

yeah it's open!!

The Hardles said...

I'd cry if I didn't get to play too, can't say I blame her.

I'd also decide I didn't want to play if I got pegged. I think you're onto something, although she's a tough little cookie, it could back fire :-)

MissManda-Mae said...

that is too cute!! you must have a little annie oakley on your hands... she is ready for some action!! =)

Julie said...

I can't wait for the follow up post about how she loves her new paintball welts. :)

KaYla said...

I cant wait till I get to play with your kids!

And yay for Paintballing.