Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Girls Camp 2008

Below is a picture of me and Montana, my next door neighbor's daughter, who was up at camp with me.



I just got back from another year at Girls Camp. It was such a great week. I have been priveleged to be the Assistant Camp Director for our Stake for the last 4 years, and have really enjoyed getting to know so many people, and spending time with the Young Women. This year we were 5 miles from the American River Complex Fire. We were carefully monitored by the Forest Service, and updated daily on the fire containment. We had a great opportunity to go on a "field trip" and tour the Type I command center, only a few miles from the camp. This mini city housed the fire personell and staff that were set up to monitor and control the fire. We also got to go to a heli-base where the large choppers flew out and carried huge buckets to carry water to the fires. It was a great chance for the girls to see the hard work or firemen and fire women are doing!

1 comment:

Rogers Roundup said...

It would have been cool if you had a helicopter ride. I know you make a terrific girls camp director!!!