Saturday, July 5, 2008

Another Fun 4th of July!!

We had a wonderful 4th of July at my parent's house! I love the 4th! This year was one of the first that I can remember not dying of heat! We all swam and enjoyed the warm pool. Mams and Pompy bought some new things to enjoy in the pool... the kids loved the slide! Mitchell especially enjoyed the icecream cone!


Here he is... enjoying every bite of his icecream cone... he even helped Megan finish hers off!
This was a favorite for Megan too!
Mike swam ALL day long... he was the last one in!

Mom and Meg saying "Cheese!"
WE have a tradition of going out to breakfast on the 4th of July! I love eating breakfast out, and we never do... so once a year we enjoy this tradition. This year the kids let Mom have her way, and we went to Mimi's! YUMMY! The kids prefer IHOP... but I love Mimi's yummy omlets and muffins!
DAd and Meg!
He is such a cute boy! :)

More swimming pics! Here is Mike and Noah enjoying the pool!
Maddy and Mitchell played together quite a bit. She is such a great big sister.
Mams and Megan.
Mike on the Sea Saw.
My favorite pic of the day.... Can you just see the pure love that Megan has for water. It really is her favorite thing. I just wish she would learn to swim. She wants to be in the water ALL the time... to the point that we watch her like a hawk anytime she is around water. She is very confident in floaties and swims all over the pool. However, she doesn't have enough muscle strength to kick herself out of the water on her own. I'm sure she will some day! For now, it's just fun to see the love that she has for swimming!
Thanks for the fun day everyone!!! I loved the yummy dutch oven cobbler that Monique made for dessert. The fireworks were great... and the time being together was the best!



7 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

You definitely have a brood of water babies! :) That's so fun. We had a ton of fun with you guys. I agree that the weather and pool was perfect! It was a fun day. Sad we missed the dutch oven cobbler though! That sounds so good!
Love you guys...see you tomorrow at FHE.

Kelly Ledward said...

Hi Marlo! It looks like your familly had so much fun! I love the pool pictures! They are so cute! Off subject -- the scrapbook pages can be printed into books from various places. My sister has printed a couple and they look really good. We are still trying to find the perfect place that doesn't distort the colors at all though. (You can't tell unless you are actually comparing the two.) I have been loving it! It's nice because you can keep the digital files as a slideshow on DVD, or print a book. If you send me your e-mail, I can give you all of the good links! kellyledward@gmail.com

Stephanie said...

Marlo,
Looks like you had a great fourth of July. I spent last weekend with Susan, Chell and Jami. All that was missing was you! Your kids are so cute and so big! What happened to the days when Justin and Brittany were in Kindergarten? It's seems like just yestday! You commented on my blog that you guys went on the same cruise as I did. When did you guys go? We'll have to plan on taking one together in the future!

Sheri said...

Looks like a great time---the pool toys look super fun! I love the picture of Megan in the water---she is such a cutie.

Becky said...

I'm glad you had a nice 4th. I love the breakfast tradition! What a great idea!

Kara said...

It has been so fun reading your blog. It has been awhile! I miss seeing familiar faces from Elk Grove. We are almost done with our year here in Boston and will be moving to SLC in a month.

Unknown said...

I loved reading about Meg in the water. Matty LOVES to swim, he was such a swimmer growing up, and he still loves it. We've always called him our little frog because he totally moves his legs like a frog when he swims, but he can shoot through that water so fast. Wait till her leg muscles develop more, and I bet she'll be the same way. What a cutie! PS. Mitchel looks so much like Justin did when he was a little toddler!