Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Child Labor Laws on Labor Day?

Who says Labor Day should be a day away from labor? I say.... put the little ones to work! At 7:30 am we had them outside, beginning the outdoor labor. Justin mowed, and the others picked up trimmings. I began on the inside... making lists of chores. It was so chilly... the little ones doned hats and coats.

Here is Mitchell cleaning up clippings.

Maddy was so fond of her little "rolly"... of course a pill bug.
Our nephew, Trent spent the weekend with us, while his mom and dad were out of town... he even got roped into "Labor Day"
Here's Mike... he got the dirty job... Turtle Pooper Scooper! :)


8 comments:

Scott and Rashelle said...

A true mom at heart...put the kids to work! I love it. That is so something I would do. Sounds like you guys had a fun but hard working holiday! I love your new blog background! :)

Scott and Rashelle said...

Also...kind of funny but I was actually born on Labor Day. :)

Marc and Stacy said...

I love your new background! Super cute. All of the kids are smiling in the pics, so it looks like they had fun. The little ones probably didn't even know it was work! :) Miss you guys! Wish we could have seen on on Labor Day, but we'll be back down soon! Did you hear (of course you heard) that the Twilight movie will be out three weeks ealier?

EvansFamily said...

Way to be productive! Can you send them to my house please?

Julie said...

I love the new take on labor day. We shall adopt this tradition next year.

p.s only 8 lbs . . . really? (let's just say I've surpassed 8 a long time ago . . . boo.)

e. said...

Here Here!!! If they can eat, they can work I say.

heidi said...

I love your new layout! Fun to see that stuff! And, your pic of "Doody" on the side - so cute! Hey, I'm all about Child Labor - isn't that why we had them?!?! I'm glad you guys had a good holiday! I will be updating my blog about our holiday weekend...it was fun!!!

heidi said...

Oh, I forgot to mention...it's that cool there? hats and jackets? Wow! I feel a little better that we are not the only place getting cold because running in the mornings now, I'm back in long clothes and gloves!!!! yuck!