Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Don't blame it on football!

Justin plays football. He gets hit all the time. This is not new. What stinks is when you get a concussion. I know what your thinking... that's football for you. But, this was not a football injury. It was 13 year old nonsense... playing in the pool, and diving into 3 1/2 feet of water, head first. He somehow stumbled out of the pool... and his little sister was smart enough to get Mom. When he couldn't remember what just happened, his vision was impaired and was screaming that everything was dizzy... I assumed he probably had hit his head hard enough for a concussion. We took him to the chiropractor he thought he probably didn't do major damage to his spinal cord... but did knock things "out of whack". And definately sustained a moderate concussion. So, no hitting at football for a week! Justin is SO dissapointed. What do you expect? Haven't I told you not to do stupid things in the pool? HELLO!!! When do kids learn they are not invincible? Luckily it's the beginning of the season. So, he does have a concussion.... but don't blame it on football!

4 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

Yeah, it sounded like a concussion from what you explained the other night. Boys will be boys I guess. Hopefully he doesn't actually get hurt in anyway during the season so that we have to blame it on football.
When games start, email me his schedule so we can make a few. I'm sure there we'll be some up here too if they make it far again, right?
Miss you guys!

e. said...

I'm sure we didn't do anything that stupid when we were 13 did we Mar?
e

heidi said...

I hear ya, girl - "didn't I tell you not to do stupid things..." Here's my ending for that "...on your bike????" Amber was just riding her bike tonight - no hands and totally biffed it! All scraped up now! So after the bumps, bruises, concussion, etc. I still think our kiddos will be just fine!!! Silly kids! Wish him well for us!

Unknown said...

oh that is so funny. My dad used to get so mad at us when we dove in the shallow end. I miss having a pool. Hopefully he gets better soon!